What can get your mouth watering more than roast chicken? That’s right, wrap it in bacon!
This along with sweet potato and some Mediterranean vegetables makes an easy to cook dish that will have you begging for seconds.
I first made this dish for my wife on valentines day and we couldn’t get enough of it, so I made it again, and again.
What makes this dish even better is that it uses very little ingredients, it’s really easy to make and tastes amazing.
But food like this is too good not to share, so here is the recipe for this little beauty of a dish.
Oh and by the way if you like it really spicy just increase the chili flakes 😉
Don’t forget to share with others by hitting the social buttons at the bottom.
(for two people)
1 large courgette, halved and cut into 2cm slices
1 red onion, cut into 1.5cm wedges
2 red peppers cut into 2cm chunks
12 cherry tomatoes
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 tablespoon of dried thyme
1 teaspoon of chili flakes
sea salt and freshly ground pepper for taste
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts fillets
4 rashers of bacon
prep: 15 mins > Cook: 45 mins > Ready in: 1hr
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6 or 180 c for fan ovens.
- Place sweet potatoes, courgette, onion, peppers and tomatoes into a large bowl. Add the garlic, thyme and chilli flakes; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour in olive oil, then toss until the vegetables are evenly coated with oil. Pour into a baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken to taste with salt and pepper. Wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon, and secure with cocktail sticks.
- After the vegetables have cooked for 15 minutes, place the bacon-wrapped chicken on top of the vegetables, and continue baking until the chicken has firmed, about 30 minutes.
- To serve, remove the chicken from the baking dish, and allow to rest for 5 minutes.Divide the roasted vegetables among two dinner plates. Remove cocktail sticks from chicken, then slice each piece of chicken into diagonal slices. Fan the chicken out on top of the vegetables.
There you have it, a plate full of yum.